Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Bloodwalker Releases! & IWSG: Ready or Not

I'm excited to announce Bloodwalker
is released and live on all vendors!

Yeah, baby!
Let the Celebration Begin!


Special thanks to my publisher, 
for believing in me and in Bloodwalker!



Blurb:

Lightning flashes. Another child disappears…


When Zorka Circus performs, its big top roars with laughter and cheers, but when it moves on, there are fewer children in the European towns it leaves behind.


Circus Security Chief Rurik suspects a killer hides among the international performers, but they close ranks—they’ve always viewed lightning-scarred Rurik as the monster. Nevertheless, he's determined to find the culprit and stop them before anyone else dies and the only place he can call home is ripped apart by the murders.


Into Zorka Circus comes the Skomori clan, despised as gravediggers and ghoulish bloodwalkers. A one-day truce allows bloodwalker Sylvie to marry. Instead, she finds a body. Alerting others will defy her clan’s strict rules, break the truce, and leave her an outcast.


When more bodies turn up, the killer's trail becomes impossible to ignore. Rurik and Sylvie must follow the clues—even if they lead to something unimaginable...


“YA horror novelist Cain (Soul Cutter) steps right up to the center ring in this captivating shocker of children disappearing after the circus comes to town.” 
~ Publishers Weekly
BUY LINKS:
Amazon   ~   Amazon (Kindle)   ~   Amazon UK
Barnes & Noble   ~   Kobo   ~   iBooks

Author: L.X. Cain was born in the U.S. but now lives on the Red Sea and busily taps away at a laptop, coming up with stories to thrill and entertain readers. 
Contact L.X. Cain at: 
Blog   ~   Facebook   ~   Twitter


Want to know how I thought up 
the bizarre Skomori rituals in Bloodwalker?
Read my guest post on Sue Bursztynski's blog:


IWSG - Ready or Not, Here I Come!

The Insecure Writers Support Group asks an interesting question this month: 

When do you know your story is ready?

I think most writers will agree that if we had our way, we'd never stop editing -- even on books that are already released.  We're convinced our work can always be a little better with a tweak here or there, and we want to polish it until it achieves a dazzling brilliance.

Because it's natural for writers' abilities to improve as time goes on, that means our books improve too.  But that actually makes it harder to write---knowing more means we expect more from ourselves---and makes it harder to ever feel our stories are truly "ready."

At some point you have to push your baby bird out of the nest and let it fly.  The best way to stop editing it (once you've given it 150%) is to find a new project that is exciting.  Then it's a little easier to tame the OCD that make us crazy, peel our death grip off the manuscript, and move on...


This is a post for the Insecure Writer's Support Group, the brainchild of Alex J. Cavanaugh. It exists so the community of blogging writers can share and support each other, blog-hopping to cheerlead and commiserate. To find out more, visit: Insecure Writer's Support Group. Plus, check out the IWSG Website for lots of helpful info and links.

36 comments:

Denise Covey said...

Hi Lexa! Congratulations! I will pick your book up on one of the vendors. Yep, I certainly suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Editing Disorder. I'll never be finished to my satisfaction. Hopefully, my new critique partners can rein me in!

T.F. Walsh said...

Huge congrats... so excited to see Bloodwalker out as I know you've put so much work into the story, so this is indeed time to celebrate. Yay...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Big congratulations!!! Yes, it's tough for us perfectionists to give it up, but we have to. Hope your sales are awesome today.

JeffO said...

Cheers, cheers, cheers! Congratulations, Lexa--wishing you success and an enjoyable release day!

As for the "How do you know it's ready?" question? To quote Severus Snape, "You just...






...know."

Have a great day!

Rhonda Albom said...

Big Congratulations. Enjoy the ride.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

It's your big day - congrats! It's been a fun journey with you and I hope everyone enjoys your wonderful story.

messymimi said...

Congratulations!!! Happy Snoopy Dance for you!!!

L.G. Keltner said...

Happy Release Day! I hope your book sells well!

After I finish editing and let my story out into the world, I have to force myself to stop looking at what I've written for a little while and focus on something else. If I didn't, I'd only end up second-guessing what I'd already done and never accomplish anything else.

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats, Lexa! I just love that cover.

Suzanne Furness said...

Yay! Congratulations. Lexa.
Obsessive compulsive editing disorder . . . yep I think I have that!

Kate Larkindale said...

Congratulations, Lexa! Fingers crossed for great sales.

And yes… Obsessive editing is something I too suffer from too. It's so hard to let those babies go!

Birgit said...

Love the cover! Excellent way to entice the reader and the plot sounds very eerie. Congrats! I think every writer will say something similar to what you just wrote. It is the perfectionist in the person.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

A big big congrats, Lexa!!! I'm so excited for you! And I love that cover!!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Congratulations, Lexa! A fantastic cover, a chilling premise ... a winning combination.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

A huge congrats Lexa on your book coming out. Love seeing the birds gif. Yes when it comes to writing it can be hard to just end that darn story. I have had that experience especially with some fan fiction.

Jennifer Hawes said...

Huge congratulations on your new book!! It sounds exciting. I love anything with a good mystery and a circus involved:)

Julie Flanders said...

Woo-hoo!!! So happy for you and so anxious to read Bloodwalker. Congratulations!!!!

Pat Garcia said...

Congratulations, Lexa! Proud of you, Lady. I like your point that at some point you have to push your baby out of the window and let it fly.
Shalom aleichem,
Patricia

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Glad you pushed your baby out of the next, Lexa. Congratulations!!! I'm so proud to be part of your entourage.

Nicola said...

Great post, Lexa and many congratulations on your new book! It sounds intriguing - a definite must read on my list. Thank you for such a great post!

Unknown said...

Your story sounds really intriguing. I love the circus setting. As for when we know our work is ready--sometimes you just have to let go and ignore the claw marks.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the book release, Lexa!! Obsessive Compulsive Editing Disorder — Ha, ha, I love it. I'd be a founding member of that group. Here's wishing you many sales!

Crystal Collier said...

Lexa! I'm happy dancing with you. Oh happy day! I SO love the cover and can't wait to read the book...when I have three seconds to breathe...or maybe a couple hours. =)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I got my copy!! Congratulations. It looks and sounds amazing.

I was becoming obsessed with wanting to fix past works- then I decided life moves forward, not back. Put the energy into new things.

But every now and then, boy wouldn't I love to re-open those files.

Chemist Ken said...

I recall reading about a writer once that, after they'd gotten their ARC copy, began making little edits on the pages of the book, even though their agent pointed out that it was too late to make any changes. Some people just can't help editing and re-editing.

Cathrina Constantine said...

YAY!!! Congratulations, Lexa!!!! Wishing you much success!!!!!

Carol Kilgore said...

Congrats on BLOODWALKER's release! I'm so excited for you. Have fun with it :)

Loni Townsend said...

Wooooot! Grats on the publication! That's great. And yes, I totally agree with your thoughts on when things are done. :)

emaginette said...

Your book looks so good. ;-)

Anna from elements of emaginette

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Find a new project. Good tip!
And a HUGE congrats on your book!!!!!!! So awesome and exciting!

kimlajevardi.com said...

Love the dancing birds! Congratulations, Lex!

I know which project is pushing you now. :)

erica and christy said...

Congratulations! And perfect comic. So very true. Have fun with your latest project! Christy

Yolanda Renée said...

So true, I still want to change things in the books I've published. Glad I'm not the only one! :)

Congratulations on Bloodwalker! Sell, sell, sell! I've no doubt they will!

Tamara Narayan said...

Self publishing may be an enabler in this respect. You can always go back and re-edit. Oh, yeah. (Or oh, no!?)

Annie Neugebauer said...

Huge congrats, Lexa!!!

Kelley said...

Yay! That's awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...